Applying for your baby’s passport need not be stressful. Gone were the days when people have to line up under the heat of the sun before they can get their passport. I remember I always see on TV how long the lines were for people applying for their passports. If they were unfortunate enough and can’t complete it in a day then they have to go back the next day and endure the same fate again. This experience can be what I call an acne-inducing experience. Acne would surely break out and the only thing I can offer for relief is a bottle of Acneticin.
Fortunately, this is not the scenario anymore. Kudos to the folks at the DFA for streamlining the process of application for our Philippine passport. The same too can be said for your baby’s passport application process.
Here are the requirements for your baby’s passport application. If you bring all the necessary documents then you can accomplish everything in one go saving you time and money.
1. Personal appearance of either one of the two parents of the baby.
2. Duly accomplished application form which can be downloaded at the DFA website or given when you go their office.
3. Birth Certificate of the baby. Both the one issued by the National Statistics Office or by the Local Civil Registrar (Certified True Copy) will be accepted.
4. Four colored photos of your baby taken against a royal blue background.
5. Proof of identity like baptismal certificate of your baby.
6. Marriage contract of the parents from NSO.
7. Passport (original and photocopy) of the parent.
Regular Processing (14 working days) – P500
Expedited Processing (7 working days) – P750